Mileage 150000 miles
Body type Motor Caravan
Fuel type Petrol
Engine size 1600 cc
Previous Keepers 10
Selling our beloved 1978 VW Type 2 Devon Campervan, “Dora”
150,000 miles (reconditioned at 100k)
Tax and MOT exempt (but passed last year before the new law came in)
– 1.6l engine, reconditioned at 100,000 miles and has run really well for the 10 years we’ve had her.
– Holley 5200 progressive carb has been fitted.
– Flamethrower coil, distributor and cables are fairly new.
– Good condition custom interior in rear, with full-width worktop including cupboards, drawers, and space for a gas cooker or sink.
– Full width rock’n’roll bed (from a Westfalia conversion) with custom upholstery, good foams and a roll-up mattress topper.
– Two 3-point seatbelts fitted.
– Two child hammock beds in the pop-top roof.
– Roof and canvas is the original Devon one, with no leaks.
– Cabin has Madmatz carpeting on floor and dashboard, under-dash storage and a buddy box between seats.
Some work will probably be needed soon:
– 4th gear is slipping, so that will need to be looked at. Pulls well in 1st to 3rd and drives fine otherwise.
– Some bodywork needed on sills and in usual areas along the bottom 6”, and rear hatch handle has come out (can send pictures on request)
Have a folder of paperwork for past MOTs and work done.
Also have an Airbeam awning, roof rack, two high-back car seats, and various spare parts for sale if wanted.
Mention https://ukbuyandsell.com/ when calling seller to get a good deal