The best 5 dog breeds in the world
Research says that the population of dogs globally is approximately 900 million and 83% of dogs live unchecked. Dogs have some dominant characteristics, for example, their sense of smell is 100,000 times more than humans. The second most advanced sense in dogs is hearing. They can catch sound frequencies from 67Hz-45kHz. Dogs can also move their ears as they have plenty of ear muscles. In the UK, the estimated population of dogs is 9 million. People have been keeping dogs as their pet for more than 12,000 years. Dogs are considered to be the best option for a pet as they are faithful towards their owners naturally. Dogs are extremely loyal, they always love, comfort and protect their owner, which is why people like to keep them as a pet at home. When you are alone, they can give you the best company. Dogs love to play with their owners. In this article, we will read about the 5 best dog breeds in the world, the names of which are the following:
2. German Shepherds
Labrador Retrievers are one of the most popular types of Retrievers in the world.
They are a type of gun dog. By nature, Labradors are friendly and smart. They makegood friends with children, as they are very intelligent and energetic. Labrador
Retrievers are also known as a detective dog breed, due to their sharpness and loyalty. This is the reason they are utilized by the police force to sense for criminals. For the blind and autistic people, they are also selected as service dogs. They are kind, limber, affectionate, trusting and gentle. They hate to be left alone.
– Origin: this breed originated from Newfoundland
– Colours: these dogs are available in yellow, black, and chocolate colours.
– Height: this breed needs exercise to grow in size. However, the size of
male Labradors are 57-62 cm and female Labradors are 55-60 cm.
– Weight: the weight of male Labradors is 29-36 kg and the weight of female Labradors is 25-32 kg.
– Life span: this breed can live up to 10-12 years.
In 2021 rankings, German Shepherds are said to be the most popular dog breed in
the world. This breed has important characteristics such as being unrealistically loyal,
eager to learn, intelligent, brave, powerful and keen, which is why they are very suitable to use as personal security dogs, army dogs, police dogs, acting dogs and guide-dogs.
These dogs are very faithful towards their owners; they love to play with them and hate
to be left alone at home.
– Origin: this breed originated from Germany.
– Colour: these dogs come in various colours like black, sable, grey, black;
tan, red; black, and black ; silver.
– Speed: the maximum running speed of a German Shepherd is 48 km/h.
– Height: the height of male German Shepherds is 60-65cm and the height of female German Shepherds is 55-60cm.cm.
– Weight: male German Shepherds weigh between 30 to 40 kg and female German Shepherds weigh between 22 to 32 kg.
– Life span: this breed’s life span ranges from 9 to 13 years.
Bulldogs are one of the most famous dog breeds in the world. Every month worldwide,
people search the term ‘bulldog’ over 1.5 million times. Bulldogs are muscular and
bulky. They have a wrinkled face and a particular pushed-in nose.Usually, bulldogs are bulky and they need exercise to escape becoming overweight. During the summer, this breed tends to stay indoors because their
short trunk can cause difficulty in breathing. By nature, bulldogs are very friendly, loyal,
brave, and interact well with children. Bulldogs are also called British bulldogs and
– Origin: this breed originated from England, United Kingdom.
– Colours: this breed comes in many colours such as white, fawn, piebald, white, brindle, red brindle.
– Height: the height of bulldogs is 31-40 cm.
– Weight: male bulldogs weigh between 23-25 kg and female bulldogs weigh between 18-
– Life span: the life duration of bulldogs is 8-10 years.
Poodles are also a very popular dog breed. This breed comes in
three varieties: standard poodle, miniature poodle and toy poodle. Poodles
are highly intelligent, active, loyal and trainable. Their fancy haircut helps
them to protect their joints and organs, in cold water. They are excellent pets.
– Origin: it is not confirmed where this breed originated from. Some say this breed is from France and some say this breed is from Germany.
– Colours: poodles come in black, apricot, white, sable, cream,
white, grey, blue, brown, silver and red.
– Height: the height of a toy poodle is 24 to 28 cm, the height of a miniature poodle is 28
to 35 cm and the height of a standard poodle 45 to 60 cm.
– Weight: a toy poodle weighs from 2 to 4 kg, a miniature poodle weighs
from 6 to 7 kg and a standard poodle weighs from 20 to 31 kg.
– Life span: the life span of a poodle is 12-15 years
Beagles are very popular as these dogs are considered as small hounds (they are similar in appearance to large foxhounds). They are known for their determination, intelligence and gentle behavior. They are utilized as detection dogs as they have a great sense of smell. People keep them as pets due to their good temper, size and no inherited health problems. They are highly friendly and love to play with children and adults.
– Origin: this breed originated from the UK, England and Great Britain.
– Colours: beagles have a variety of colours such as white, chocolate, chocolate tri, orange, tan, and lemon.
– Height: the height of male beagles are 36-41 cm and the height of female beagles are 33-38 cm.
– Weight: male beagles weigh 10-11 kg and female beagles weigh 9-10 kg.
– Life span: beagles live up to 12-15 years.
By: Laiba Tahir