Voluntary Art Assistant / Intern / Student Curator required. Small stipend available!
I am a professional Artist looking for a temporary Art Assistant / Intern to help with the running of an Artist Open House at a commercial venue in central Brighton. This will be for 4 weekends in May (Sat / Sun) as part of the AOH / Brighton Festival season. A small stipend of £15 per day will also be available alongside this project. Working hours are 10am – 6pm with an hr lunch. You will also receive a written reference upon completion of the project; and / or be given a reference where required for University entry or employment.
This would be a perfect opportunity for a student Artist or Curator to learn more about the Art world and how to be a professional Artist, with the possibility of further project work and employment in the future.
You will be a confident, friendly and reliable person who is able to chat to people about the art and artist and undertake all associated tasks in relation to any sale, as directed by the artist. You will be happy to learn about the artist and her work and the meaning of individual collections and pieces so that you can talk to visitors. You will be required to represent the artist and remain on site alone, so it is important that you are reliable and can function independently. The artist will be on and off site but you will be based within a café atmosphere with your own workspace so can bring laptop etc.
* Be present and on site for 4 weekends in May
* Meet and greet anyone who is interested in the work without frightening away any usual customers (this is a commercial cafe atmosphere)
* Explain the meaning behind particular pieces of work
* Give out information leaflets and flyers
* Take sales where required – using card machine and float
* Wrap work for take away sales
* Update social media with interesting posts wherever possible
* Check all works and labels to ensure precise presentation and replace when required
* Liaise with the artist at all times re: large scale sales and associated tasks
* Record all sales details
* Add red dots to sold paintings
* Distribute press releases
*Arrange private view meetings with collectors as required
*Any other administrative or housekeeping tasks in relation to the curation of the exhibition as required and within reason.
*Represent the Artist professionally at all times
call us 07454574825
Mention https://ukbuyandsell.com/ when calling seller to get a good deal